CLINICAL LABORATORY SERVICES
Clinical laboratory service is a comprehensive, full-range service and reference laboratory dedicated to provide state-of-the-art quality and timely testing results to area physicians and health care providers.
A medical laboratory or clinical laboratory is a laboratory where tests are usually done on clinical specimens in order to obtain information about the health of a patient as pertaining to the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease.
Accuracy, timeliness, and convenience are the major components of these services.
The Department of Laboratory Medicine offers specialized services such as:
- HIV and hepatitis testing
- Fast-track TB identification and susceptibility testing
- Molecular and conventional virology assays
- Rapid detection of sexually-transmitted disease agents
- Rapid emergency drug identification system
- Special anti-infective susceptibility testing studies (cidal activity, tolerance, killing)
- Parasitology examinations for conventional and newer emerging agents infecting immunocompromised hosts
Scope of Services
Diagnosis / Prognosis
& Treatment Selections
For Individuals, referred patients and walk-in patients:
- Wellness and screening tests tailored to fit all age groups and genders diversity, to construct a healthier, more fulfilling life and give them the ability to plan ahead and make life-style changes that reflect positively on their health.
- Ease of accessibility, timely and effective service.
- Good communication with primary care provider for better serving.
- Supporting home care services.